As a parent, watching your child graduate is an incredibly special moment. It marks the end of years of dedication and hard work, while at the same time looking towards a future that may be full of uncertainty.
While celebrations are in order, what can you write in their graduation card to truly express how proud you are? Don’t worry – we have some tips and ideas for a meaningful graduation message to put in their card to make it extra special!
Whether your grad is heading off for college or onto new adventures after high school, these words will help capture this amazing milestone. Read on to learn about heartfelt messages of congratulations that come from the heart.
Congratulate the graduate and remind them of their accomplishments
Start off by congratulating them on their accomplishment and remind them of how proud you are. Mention the struggles and successes they have faced along the way, and let them know that you’re excited to see what the future holds for them.
Express your admiration for their hard work: Let your grad know just how amazing they are!
To create the perfect graduation message you could talk about the hard work they’ve put in and how much you admire their dedication. Remind them of all the sacrifices they’ve made, and that you believe that all of their efforts will pay off.
- Congratulations on your graduation
- All the effort has paid off and this is only the beginning
- Enjoy your graduation ceremony, tomorrow belongs to you
- It's an outstanding achievement, well done
- It's been a tough journey, happy graduation
Encourage them to keep growing: Although graduation marks the end of one journey, it is also a beginning for another.
Wish them luck in their future endeavours
Let them know that you’re always there for them: As their parent, you have been with them through thick and thin. Let your graduate know that you are always here if they need advice or support. Remind them of your unconditional love, no matter what lies ahead.
- Wishing you all the successes
- This is both an ending and beginning. Don't lose sight of all your dreams
- A dream requires passion, something you already have
- May all your tomorrows be as exciting as today
- You move on with warm memories and an outstanding accomplishment. Best of luck with all your future endeavours
Joke about the realities of adulthood
It's a time-honoured tradition to make a joke about the realities of adulthood, and taxes are the perfect way to do that! It's a good reminder that it's time to take life seriously and start planning for the future.
- Q. Why did the adult cross the road?
- A. To pay their taxes!
Ha, ha! That's a good one. But really, it's time to get serious about saving money and planning for an uncertain future. Taxes may be inevitable, but there are still ways to minimise them and be smart with your finances. Let's start planning now!
Funny graduation messages
Graduation is a special time in life, and it deserves to be celebrated with joy and laughter. What better way to honour the occasion than with funny graduation messages?
Whether you’re looking for humorous wishes for your own graduation or searching for the perfect way to make someone else laugh at theirs, these funny messages are sure to bring smiles all around.
From witty one-liners that poke fun at college life to lighthearted jokes about what comes next, these funny graduation messages will add an extra layer of cheer and humour to any celebration.
- Congrats on finally graduating! Now you can find out what the real world is like.
- Make sure you recycle all those sticky notes you left everywhere
- At least you now have the minimum job requirement you need
- Don't forget to say thank you for all those who offered you support. Google, Costa and JustEat, to name a few!
- Cancel the graduation ceremony and let's just eat cake!
- Such a well deserved success. I bee-leive in you now an always
Offer some life advice that can be used both now and in the future
Well, well, well, looks like they're in the market for some advice and life lessons. Lucky for you, I happen to be a professional life guru.
- Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened
- If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place
- The best way to predict your future is to create it
- Surround yourself with doers. Be around people who demonstrate their boldness
- Always aim high, work hard, and care deeply about what you believe in
My number one piece of advice? Don't forget to brush your teeth. Hear me out, it may sound like a no-brainer, but there are people out there who think they can skip a day or two.
Trust me, that's a slippery slope my friend. Plus, think about all the money you'll save on dental bills in the future. So, take it from me, always keep those pearly whites shiny and clean, and you'll be set for success now and in the future.
And maybe invest in a good breath mint too, just to cover all your bases.
Graduation messages for Nursing Students
- Congratulations on graduating, you're going to be a fantastic nurse
- This is such an important day, sending you our warmest congratulations
- Congrats on your graduation day. It's an impressive achievement and you should be proud of yourself
- Congratulations graduate. You make such a difference in people's lives
- Graduating is just the start of a person's life. You're going to go on achieve all your dreams
Graduation wishes for a toddler or preschooler
- Well done little one. Your next adventure awaits in a new school with the same friends
- You're not just a kid. You're amazing, fantastic, clever and funny.
- You now have so many good memories and friends as you move to a bigger school
- Remember all the wonderful things you've done at preschool. You are awesome!
- We're looking forward to all the exciting things you will be doing at your new school
End with a positive note and words of encouragement
Congratulations to the grad on this proud day! This is a joyous time and they deserve to be celebrated. We've only covered a few tips here, but other ideas include writing about shared happy memories or offering lovingly humorous jabs at their new-found maturity and independence.
Above all, you want to send your message of joy and pride as they embark on this next stage in life, so let that ring through any card you choose.
End on a positive note:
- Graduation is a time for new beginnings.
- It's an amazing accomplishment, well done
- You rose above all the challenges to achieve success. We're extremely proud of you
Remind your graduate of all the possibilities that lie ahead and encourage them to do their best.
End with an uplifting quote or saying, such as
- "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams" - Eleanor Roosevelt
- "Don’t take life too seriously, no one makes it out alive" - Elbert Hubbard
- "The Lord gave us two ends: one to sit on and the other to think with. Success depends on which one we use the most" - Ann Landers
End with your best wishes: Make sure to include your well-wishes for the graduate’s future success, and express how lucky you feel to have them in your life. Whatever lies ahead, remind them that they always have a place in your heart.
No matter what words you choose, just make sure to let the graduate know how proud you are of their achievement and wish them all the best for their future!
Congratulate them on this exciting milestone with just the right words, and let them know that you’ll be there every step of the way.
Whether it's prefabricated or made with a personal touch, your grad will appreciate it all the same – so don't forget to order some personalised graduation cards before this momentous occasion passes us by!